2 burnt in gas explosion in city

New Age Online

Two people, including a university student, were burnt in an incident of gas explosion at Purba Rampura in the capital early Friday.
The victims – Rakib, 22, son of Abdul Kader, and his relative Sabuj, 26 — were taken to the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital.
Rakib, a first-year student of management at Habibullah Bahar University College, received 25 per cent burn injury while Sabuj received 10 per cent injury, said Partha Sankar Paul, resident medical surgeon of the hospital burn unit.
Rakib’s brother Mamun said the incident took place around 3:30am as Rakib attempted to light a cigarette standing outside his room, adjacent to the kitchen, leaving both of them injured.
The kitchen might be filled with gas because the burner was not put off properly and the gas spread to the adjacent room, he said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement